Saturday Introduction to Wine with 2 course lunch
Looking for the perfect gift or a great day out in Manchester City Centre? Then why not join us for our Introduction to Wine in a day course. Forget about the weather outside and come and taste some lovely wines.
Taking place at the historic and beautiful surroundings of Canton House its sure to be a day to remember.
- Like wine but not sure why?
- Want to discover new wines & grape varieties?
- Confused about which wine to drink with what food?
If you are interested in wine and fancy learning why certain varieties have different tastes and how they flavour of wine changes depending on where in the world it comes from then this is the fantastic day is for you.
Its friendly, informal and fun day incorporating at least 12 wines from around the world. No previous experience necessary!
Glass of Fizz on arrival and a delicious 2-course lunch are included in the price. Lunch will be served in the highly regarded and iconic Yang Sing restaurant. Serving exquisite dim sum and Cantonese cuisine, the Yang Sing offers cordial old school service; some contemporary takes on traditional Cantonese cooking and an enviable reputation as one of Manchester’s finest food institutions. Serving locally sourced produce and buying seasonally, Yang Sing is a grande dame of Manchester’s vibrant food and drink scene.
Our Saturday Wine Course also makes a great Gift idea for any occasion.
See what others are saying about our Saturday courses over on our TripAdvisor page
11am-1pm: Fizz to start & morning session (6 wines)
1pm-2pm: 2-Course Lunch served in the Iconic Yang Sing dining room.
2pm-4pm: Afternoon session & food matching (6 wines)
- Introduction to the World’s major wine regions
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
- Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & others.
- Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others!
- How wine is made - grapes, fermentation, ageing
- Improve your senses! - Nez du Vin
- How to taste wines – aroma, taste, describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Tutored Tasting of 13 Wines (6 White, 6 Red and a Sparkling)
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy / where to obtain the best value for money / storing & serving wine / understanding wine labels
- Food & Wine Matching – tips & advice
Places remaining: 7
Course Date/Time: Sat 19th Sep 2020 at 11:00am to 4pm
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: Princess room, Canton House, 34 Princess Street, Manchester, M1 4JY