8 Week - World Tour of Wine!
Would you like to experience a World Tour of Wine and some fantastic wines from all over the globe? Then our 8-week wine tour might be the course for you. This fascinating course takes place in Manchester City Centre once a week, on consecutive Friday evenings.
The World Tour of Wine will comprise of tastings focusing on both Old and New World wine producing countries. We will journey through the classic Old World wine of Europe for the beginning of the tour, with nights dedicated to France, Italy, and Spain and Portugal. The second half of the course we will taste our way around the New World producing countries of Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa and the USA. Finally to end with some sparkle and fizz, we will taste some of the best Champagnes and Sparkling Wines from around the world to finish this wonderful, global wine adventure!
It is designed specifically for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it. No previous experience is needed.
WHAT HAPPENS ON THE COURSE?
- Taste at least 6 wines per evening
- Retail prices of wines tasted will be from £5.00 to over c£20.00.
- Discover where to obtain today's best value for money wines.
- Wine & Food Matching advice
- Common wine faults - how to spot them
- Storing & Serving wine advice
- Taste the world’s major Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Viognier, & many others
- Comprehensive tasting notes to take away
- Small selection of nibbles to complement the wine
Please Note: There is an additional charge to the Course Fee of £95, of £10 per evening (this works out at approx £21.87 per evening, usual cost if you booked on a single evening is £27.50 per evening - so you save over £45 over the 8 weeks!). This helps spread the overall cost of the course and more affordable for everyone. If you would like to pre pay this in advance of the course please click here.
Thursday evenings 7-9pm
- 10th September- An Introduction to Wine
- 17th September - Discover France - Unlocking the mystery of French Wine All the major regions from Burgundy to Bordeaux
- 24th September - Explore Spain and Portugal - More than just Rioja....
- 1st October- Discover Italy - the major wines + principles of wine and food pairing
- 8th October - Australia & New Zealand - More than just Shiraz and Sauvignon
- 15th October - Chile & Argentina - Including the world famous Malbec
- 22nd October- South Africa & USA - From California to Cape Town
- 29th October- Champagne V Sparkling Wines you decide?
WHAT IF I HAVE TO MISS AN EVENING? Not a problem. You may either send a substitute, or pick up the missed session on a subsequent World Course, or obtain a refund voucher valid for any of our courses and tastings (7 days notice required).
WHAT WILL I GET FROM THE COURSE?
By the end of the eight evenings you will have gained a good understanding of the worlds major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce. You will have learnt to taste wine like a professional, and be able to identify a corked wine. You will also have an appreciation of the worlds major wine regions and the wines they produce. You will also have learnt which foods match well with which wines and why. You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary. You will be able to progress to the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines
A perfect gift for the wine lover in your life! and great value.
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Thu 10th Sep 2020 at 7-9pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: Manchester City Centre