4 Week - New World Tour of Wine
Our 4 week New World Tour is a fascinating journey around some of the best "New World" wine producing countries, with nights dedicated to Australia, New Zealand, Chile and Argentina and South Africa and the USA. Taking place in Manchester City Centre over four consecutive Friday evenings, this course will give you the opportunity to try a fantastic variety of delicious wines from all over the "New World".
WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
The course is for anyone who would like to learn more about wine. No previous experience is needed. This 4-week ‘Tour of the New World’ wine tasting course is structured as a practical introduction to these more modern regions of the world. It is designed specifically for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it.
WHAT HAPPENS ON THE COURSE?
- Taste at least 6 wines per eventing
- Retail prices of wines tasted will be from £5.00 to over c£25.00.
- Discover where to obtain today's best value for money wines.
- Wine & Food Matching advice
- Common wine faults - how to spot them
- Storing & Serving wine advice
- Taste the world’s major Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Viognier, Semillon, Chenin Blanc & many others
Comprehensive tasting notes to take away are provided on each night and a small selection of cheese and ham to complement the wine are provided.
Course programme (4 weeks on a Thursday evening)
- 8th October - Australia & New Zealand - More than just Shiraz and Sauvignon
- 15th October -Chile & Argentina - Including the world famous Malbec
- 22nd October - South Africa & USA - From California to Cape Town
- 29th October- Champagne V Sparkling Wines you decide?
WHAT IF I HAVE TO MISS AN EVENING?
Not a problem. You may either send a substitute, or pick up the missed session on a subsequent New World Course, or obtain a refund voucher valid for any of our MWS courses and tastings, please note 7 days notice is required for refund.
Buying a gift? If you are booking a place on a 4 week course as a gift, we can arrange for a voucher to be sent to you. Just reserve a place below and we can send you a gift certificate with all the details (just ask!)
This course is fantastic value at just £95 for all four tastings. Nothing to pay on the night and remember we don't sell wine either, so no hidden sales pitch. Just lots to learn, lots of fun and lots of great wine to enjoy.
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Thu 8th Oct 2020 at 19.00 - 21.00
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: Jurys Inn Hotel