4-week Old World Tour of Wine
This 4-week ‘Old World Tour of Wine’ course in Manchester City Centre is structured as a practical introduction to the classic 'Old World' wine regions of Europe. It is designed specifically for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it. No previous experience is needed. We will journey through Europe trying a wide range of wine styles and grape varieties.
WHAT HAPPENS ON THE COURSE?
- Taste at least 6 wines per evening
- Retail prices of wines tasted will be from £5.00 to over c£25.00.
- Discover where to obtain today's best value for money wines.
- Wine & Food Matching advice
- Common wine faults - how to spot them
- Storing & Serving wine advice
- Taste the world’s major Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Viognier, & many others
- Comprehensive tasting notes to take away
- Small selection of nibbles such as cheese and crackers to complement the wines included.
Course programme (4 weeks on a Thursday evening)
- 10th September- An Introduction to Wine
- 17th September - Discover France - Unlocking the mystery of French Wine All the major regions from Burgundy to Bordeaux
- 24th September - Explore Spain and Portugal - More than just Rioja....
- 1st October- Discover Italy - the major wines + principles of wine and food pairing
A perfect gift for the wine lover in your life! If you are booking places as a gift, we can send you a gift certificate with all the details, just ask!
Great value at £95 for 4 tastings, with nothing to pay on the night and because we don't sell wine, no hidden sales pitch either! Just lots to learn, lots fo fun and lots of great wines to enjoy!
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Thu 10th Sep 2020 at 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: Manchester City Centre