We are delighted to be hosting tastings in person again and we have been working hard in partnership with our Covid Secure venues to provide a safe and comfortable setting to enjoy your wine tasting event with us.
Rule of Six
The government's new rule means you can attend our events as a single person, a couple or a small group of 3-6 people from the same household/support bubble but you cannot now attend as a party of more than 6. The rule doesn't mean you can't come into a venue if it already has more than 6 people inside and the government have since clarified this. Most people book our events as singles or couples and we will arrange for you to be seated in a socially distant manor within our spacious venues in line with COVID-19 secure guidance and inline with the stricter restrictions currently in place within Greater Manchester.
What to expect
- Rooms will be cleaned before your event in line with Covid-19 government recommendations.
- All materials and equipment for the tasting will be laid out by a member of staff wearing gloves and mask.
- Wines will be pre-poured by the presenter, who will have been wearing gloves and a mask to do so.
- Rooms will be laid out in accordance with official social distancing requirements
- We will seat people together within their household/support bubble. No more than six people per reservation is allowed.
- You will be asked to use a hand sanitiser on arrival. If there are no hand sanitation stations at the venue’s reception, we will have some available.
- You will be asked to access the room carefully and slowly in line with staff instructions, following any one way systems in place.
- Customer toilets are available to use with Covid-19 guidelines.
- Personal spittoons can be provided on request.
- We require contact details of the lead person making the booking. This is purely for the purposes of the government contact tracing system. We will contact you in advance to collect this. These will be retained for 21 days
You can still join us online!
We will continue to host our popular Online tastings in parallel to the in person tastings, so we have something for everyone. Fun, informative and social, they are a great way to learn more about wine from the comfort of your home.
We will continue to run both online and classroom based WSET Qualifications. With evening, weekend and afternoon options available we hopefully have a course that works for you! Learn more about our WSET Online courses here. Our WSET courses fall under the guidence given to Education so we can confirm our classroom based courses are going ahead at our Covid Secure venue.
Social Media and Gift Vouchers
For lots of great wine related content and the latest of our courses, classes and events, you can follow us on:
If you have a Gift Voucher that is about to expire, just let us know and we can extend it for you. If you are looking for a gift for a wine lover you can purchase our Gift Vouchers with confidence. They are valid for two years (the longest period of validity in the gift experience industry) allowing the recipient plenty of time to choose a convenient date.
Keeping our educators and customers safe, while still hosting an enjoyable experience, is our main priority. We will adhere to the UK's Government guidelines and follow their online advice and guidance for workers and employers regarding premises re-opening, which can be found in the 'Reopen Your Business Safely' guide.
As a small business we are extremely grateful for your continued support. If you have any queries or concerns please don’t hesitate to get in touch, and we wish all our customers good health in these challenging times and we look forward to welcoming you in person or online to Manchester Wine School soon.