WSET Level 3 Course £675.00
Wine and Spirit Education Trust courses provide globally recognised qualifications for Wine Industry professionals and enthusiastic amateurs.
Our next courses are
- 6 Full Days - Sundays 9th, 16th 23rd May* 6th, 13th and 20th June 2021 (*note no lesson on 30th May due to the bank holiday).
Covid Update - As the WSET qualifications are formally recognised qualification under the UK Government’s Qualifications & Curriculum Authority, attending a WSET course is an educational activity. Travel for educational purposes is permitted with in the tiers 2 & 3 guidance for Greater Manchester (click here)
Manchester Wine School is an APP (Approved Programme Provider with WSET) & have been teaching wine courses in Manchester City Centre since 2011. We have a very high pass rate and our results are well above the national avaerage. We pride ourselves on supporting our students during their studies with us and share lots of extra materials, study tips and sample questions. Our Trip Advisor and Google reviews speak for themselves.
Who should consider studying for WSET Level 3 Award in Wines?
It is a course designed for anyone wishing to gain in-depth knowledge of wines and build upon the knowledge gained at Intermediate level. You will acquire a thorough understanding of the factors influencing the style, quality and price of wines from key wine producing regions of the world. You will also develop analytical tasting skills using the systematic approach to tasting; your blind tasting skills will form part of the examinations.
If you are an employer wishing to train your staff this course will equip them with knowledge and understanding of a wide range of products. This course is suitable for someone in a supervisory level position in wine sales and service.
This qualification has full accreditation from the UK Government’s Qualifications & Curriculum Authority as a Level 3 Vocational Qualification.
Course Tutor: Laura Kent- Laura is a registered WSET Educator, she has completed all the levels of the WSET programme including the WSET Diploma (Level 4) in 2011. She has extensive experience within the wine industry as a retailer and as part of various restaurant and bar management teams which she brings to many aspects of delivering these professional qualifications and was recently nominated for WSET Educator of the Year.
Important Entry Information: We recommend this course to those who have already completed the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines course, as this syllabus assumes that candidates already possess a good basic understanding of simple wine making techniques, key grape varieties and viticultural patterns. However, holding WSET Level 2 is not a requirement to enrol on this course. For anyone who wishes to enter the WSET programme at Level 3 without prior study, we strongly advise them to review the course specification on the WSET website.
- Wine Tasting; Taste, describe and analyse wines using the WSET Systematic Approach to Tasting
- Food and Wine Matching; A guide to the key considerations when matching food and wine successfully
- Labelling; Learn how to decode and understand labels
- Wine Production; Learn about the production factors influencing the style, quality and price of wine from vineyard to bottling
- Light Wines; Learn about the styles of wines produced in the key wine regions and districts of the world: France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Austria, Germany, Greece, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, North and South America, England and Wales
- Sparkling Wines; Learn about the methods of production and the main styles of sparkling wines from the key wine producing countries: France, Spain, Italy, Germany, New World - Australia, California, New Zealand, South Africa
- Fortified Wines; Learn about the methods of production/main styles of fortified wines from the key wine countries: Spain, Portugal, France, Australia
- Number of Wines Tasted; 70-80 wines will be tasted as part of the course
- Study Materials Students; will receive a Level 3 Advanced course study pack, consisting of the course book, study guide and SAT tasting card
- Study Materials available; Manchester Wine School holds a comprehensive library of question papers & in-house mock exams
- Duration of course; 6 full days (consecutive Sundays), 10.30am - approx 6.30pm, including 2 hour 15 minutes examination
- Recommended Private Study; 56 hours additional private study is recommended for this course. It is strongly recommended that the majority of the private study is done weekly in preparation for the tutored study session
- Examination; The Level 3 examination comprises of two parts: Part one will be a combined theory paper consisting of a 50 question multiple-choice section and a short written answer section (four written answers at 25 marks each). Part two will be a blind tasting of two wines. A mark of 55% is required in each section to pass
- Certification; All students who pass will be issued with a certificate suitable for framing and a lapel pin
This qualification provides the knowledge required for those wishing to progress on to the Diploma Level 4. For details of the next Level 4 Diploma in Manchester please click here.
If you have any questions please contact us
Pay the balance of £300 to complete your purchase of a place on the next WSET Level 3 Award in Wines course (subject to availability). You must have previously paid a
Places remaining: 8
Pay a deposit of £375 to secure your place on the next WSET Level 3 Award in Wines course (subject to availability). The balance must be paid no later that
Places remaining: 94
A £675 gift voucher with a presentation wallet. For one full place on WSET Level 3 Award in Wines Course.
Places remaining: 79
WSET Level 3 Award in Wines takes place in Manchester City Centre on 6 Full Days -Sundays 9th, 16th 23rd May*, 6th, 13th and 20th June
Places remaining: 6
Date/Time: 9th May 2021 at 10.30am - 5.30pm
Venue: Manchester City Centre
WSET Level 3 Award in Wines takes place in Manchester City Centre on 6 Full Days - Sundays – 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th September and 3rd
Places remaining: 6
Date/Time: 5th Sep 2021 at 10.30am - 5.30pm
Venue: Manchester City Centre