4-Week Wine Courses
Our fabulous 4-week courses are run over four consecutive week nights and allow us to take a closer look at the wines we taste and regions we visit.
Current 4 week courses -
- 4 Week - Old World Tour of Wine from 10th September
- 4 Week - New World Tour of Wine from 8th October
- 4 Week - Beginners Wine Course from 5th Nov
- Plus new 4 week masterclass coming soon!
Courses are suitable for anyone from the complete beginner to the very experienced. It's also a great way to meet people who share your passion for wine.The emphasis is on learning by tasting different varieties of wine from different regions of the world.
WHAT HAPPENS ON THE COURSE?
- Taste at least 6 wines per evening
- Retail prices of wines tasted will be from £7.00 to over c£30.00.
- Discover where to obtain today's best value for money wines.
- Wine & Food Matching advice
- Common wine faults - how to spot them
- Storing & Serving wine advice
- Taste the world’s major Grape Varieties
- Tasting notes to take away
- Small selection of nibbles to complement the wine
WHAT WILL I GET FROM THE COURSE?
By the end of the four evenings you will have gained a good understanding of major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce. You will have learnt to taste wine like a professional. You will also have learnt which foods match well with which wines and why. You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary.
PROGRESSION AFTER A 4-WEEK COURSE
Once you have finished this 4-week course you will have sufficient starting knowledge to progress on to the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines, or depending on your prior knowledge WSET Level 2 Award in Wines. This is a globally recognised qualification and is an excellent way to consolidate your knowledge and enhance your enjoyment of wine. Perfect for anyone working in the hospitality or drinks business but equally fun for those wishing to study purely for pleasure!
This 4-week ‘Old World Tour of Wine’ course in Manchester City Centre is structured as a practical introduction to the classic 'Old World' wine regions of Europe. It is designed
Places remaining: 6
Date/Time: 10th Sep 2020 at 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Venue: Jurys Inn Hotel - Manchester
Our 4 week New World Tour is a fascinating journey around some of the best "New World" wine producing countries, with nights dedicated to Australia, New Zealand, Chile and
Places remaining: 0
Date/Time: 8th Oct 2020 at 19.00 - 21.00
Venue: Jurys Inn Hotel
Get to grips with the fascinating world of wine on this 4 week introductory course based in Manchester city centre. Run over 4 consecutive Thursdays nights, the course is designed
Places remaining: 6
Date/Time: 5th Nov 2020 at 7-9pm
Venue: Jurys Inn Hotel Manchester