8-Week Wine Course
Enjoy 8-weeks of wine tasting in Manchester City Centre trying wines from around the world.
Our current courses are -
- 8 week World Tour of Wine! from 7th May
- If you are not sure you can commit to 8 weeks in a row then click here to view our current 4 week courses.
Our 8 week course is a practical introduction to the world of wine. We sample wines from all the major wine producing countries of the world or the major grape varieties. They are designed for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it. No previous experience is needed. It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your love of wine.
Please Note: In addition to the course fee, there is a £10 per tasting cash payment. This spreads the overall cost of the course over the 8 week/month period . If you would like to pre pay this - please click here
BOOK AND SAVE! Our 8 week courses represent great value. By booking the course you save considerably over the cost of booking each night separately (working out at just under £22 a tasting on our 8 week course for example, compared to the usual cost if you booked individually of £27.50 to £33 per evening).
If the course is a gift for someone else, we can arrange for a gift certificate to be sent. Just ask! A great idea for birthdays and special anniversaries!
WHAT HAPPENS ON THE COURSE?
- Taste Over 50 wines
- Retail prices of wines tasted will be from £7.00 to c£30.00.
- Discover where to obtain today's best value for money wines.
- Wine & Food Matching advice
- Common wine faults - how to spot them
- Storing & Serving wine advice
- Taste the world’s major Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Semillon, Viognier, Pinot Grigio, Chenin Blanc, & many others
- Comprehensive tasting notes to take away
- Small selection of nibbles to complement the wine
Tastings start at 7pm and run for approx. 2 hours, finishing 9pm.
Professional ISO tasting glasses, comprehensive tasting notes and a small tasting of food are all provided, and of course wine!
RULE OF SIX
The government's new rule means you can attend our events as a single person, a couple or a small group of 3-6 people from the same household/support bubble but you cannot now attend as a party of more than 6. The rule doesn't mean you can't come into a venue if it already has more than 6 people inside and the government have since clarified this. Most people book our events as singles or couples and we will arrange for you to be seated in a socially distant manor within our spacious venues in line with COVID-19 secure guidance
Would you like to experience a World Tour of Wine and some fantastic wines from all over the globe? Then our 8-week wine tour might be the course for you.
Places remaining: 6
Date/Time: 7th May 2021 at 7:00 - 9:00pm
Venue: Princess Room, 3rd Floor, Yang Sing Canton House, 34 Princess Street, Manchester, M1 4JY