Battle of the Bottles Saturday- For a Few Dollars More.....
Ever wondered what you get if you spend more on a bottle of wine? Now’s your chance to find out. We’ll be tasting six pairs of similar wines, and in each pair, there’ll be at least £10 difference in the price of the two wines – can you tell the difference?
So in Manchester City Centre, for this fascinating insight!
Taking place at the historic and beautiful surroundings of the Royal Exchange Theatre, its sure to be a day to remember.
Taste the world’s major Grape Varieties side by side, but from different price points, which will win? which will you like the most? Come along to find out!
We will try pairs of the following wines
- Sangiovese from Tuscany
- Argentinian Malbec
- Californian Cabernet
- White Burgundy
- Spanish Albariño
- New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc
So come and enjoy a friendly, informal and fun wine tasting journey. No previous experience necessary!
Glass of Fizz on arrival and a delicious 2-course lunch are included in the price, making this a great value and a truely memorable experience.
Lunch will be served in the highly regarded "The Rivals" restaurant. The Rivals opened in September 2017 and has received outstanding reviews in the local and national press. Serving quality modern British cuisine, from Head Chef Anna Fysh, we are delighted to included a 2 course lunch here as part of your Saturday Wine tasting experience with us.
Our Saturday Wine Course also makes a great Gift idea for any occasion too.
See what others are saying about our Saturday courses over on our TripAdvisor page.
11.00am – 1.00pm: Fizz to start & morning session (6 wines)
1.00pm – 2.00pm: 2-Course Lunch at "The Rivals"
2.00pm – 4.00pm: Afternoon session & food matching (6 wines)
- Major Red Grape Varieties
- Major White Grape Varieties
- How wine is made - grapes, fermentation, ageing
- Improve your senses! - Nez du Vin
- How to taste wines – aroma, taste, describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Tutored Tasting of 13 Wines (6 White, 6 Red and a Sparkling Wine)
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy / where to obtain the best value for money / storing & serving wine / understanding wine labels
- Food & Wine Matching – tips & advice
Places remaining: 18
Course Date/Time: Sat 16th Feb 2019 at 11am - 4pm
Duration: 5 Hours
Venue: The Royal Exchange Theatre with lunch at