Steak and Red Wine with Fine-dining at Wood Manchester
Join us for a fabulous Steak and Red Wine tasting in Manchester City Centre at one of the City’s newest fine dining restaurants, the fantastic Wood. The perfect Christmas gift for a Red wine lover or a steak fanatic!
Come enjoy a decadent evening exploring 6 different styles of red wine with a 2-course steak dinner for an extra £32.50 (RRP £47.50) payable on the night - a chance to try a most spectacular food and wine pairing.
We'll be tasting a fabulous range of 6 different rich, juicy and full-bodied red wines from all over the world that really come to life when partnered up with a succulent steak! From Argentinean Malbec, to classy 'old world' style Cabernet Sauvignon, we'll understand why these big and bold wines pair so well with succulent steak and cheeseboards.
After a tasting of 5 red wines, you will be served an additional glass, specially selected wine by Manchester Wine School, to pair with Wood’s mouth-watering flagship sharing steak (just look at the picture!); the Tomahawk with a duo of sides, followed by a sumptuous cheeseboard, and all enjoyed in the exclusive private dining room at this new Manchester restaurant which opened late last year by MasterChef 2015 winner Simon Wood.
Please Note: In addition to the course fee of £27.50, the food cost of £32.50 will be made on the night and is passed straight to the restaurant.
Wines we'll taste on the night
- Argentinian Malbec from Mendoza - Lots of concentrated dark fruit, blackcurrant and cassis.
- Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot, South Africa - A beautiful full bodied red wine with grippy tannins to match up to the steak.
- Valpolicella Ripasso, Italy - Known as a 'Baby Amarone' this wine is soft and velvety.
- Barossa Shiraz, Australia - The King of red wines in Australia. Lots of rich, dark fruit and peppery notes.
- Chilean Carménère - Chile's noble red grape variety that originated in Bordeaux. Dark, full & lovely spicy notes.
- Rioja Gran Reserva, Spain - Lovely mix of red & black fruit with hints of spice, this is a classic wine from Northern Spain
Professional ISO tasting glasses and tasting sheets will be provided.
- Tomahawk to share, Green Peppercorn, Jersey Royal Baby Jackets, Tenderstem with black onion seeds
- Cheese, chutney, music bread
Early booking is advisable, this is an event not to be missed and is sure to sell out fast!
Do you know someone who might like this tasting? Like all our events, if you are booking as a gift, we can arrange a voucher for you detailing the event. Just reserve a place below, click on the email link when you receive your confirmation, request a voucher and we'll arrange either by email or post, whichever you prefer.
Places remaining: 3
Course Date/Time: Thu 7th Feb 2019 at 7-8.30pm followed by
Duration: 3hrs approx
Venue: Wood Restaurant, Manchester