New Zealand Masterclass with Family of Twelve
This is an unmissable opportunity to try some of New Zealand's greatest and most prestigious wines!
Manchester Wine School are delighted to be hosting this event with wines from "The Family of Twelve", a fraternity of hugely respected artisanal wineries from New Zealand. The tasting will consist of twelve wines in total, six reds and six whites which showcase the huge diversity in styles of wine from New Zealand. The tasting includes wines from the northern tip of Auckland down to Central Otago, the world's most southerly wine region.
The wines included in the tasting will be:
- Lawson's Dry Hills Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough 2015
- Nautilus Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough 2014
- Neudorf Chardonnay, Nelson 2014
- Kumeu River Estate Chardonnay, Auckland 2014
- Millton Riverpoint Viognier, Gisbourne 2014
- Pegasus Bay Bel Canto Riesling, Waipara 2014
- Ata Rangi Crimson Pinot Noir, Martinborough 2014
- Palliser Estate Pinot Noir, Martinborough 2014
- Fromm La Strada Pinot Noir, Marlborough 2014
- Felton Road Pinot Noir Bannockburn, Central Otago 2014
- Villa Maria Reserve Gimblett Gravels Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot, Hawkes Bay 2012
- Craggy Range Syrah, Gimblett Gravels Vineyard, Hawke’s Bay 2013
In this masterclass, we will take you on a guided tasting around New Zealand, exploring how each of these superb wineries use the unique natural environment of their region, different grape varieties and wine making techniques to create world class wines.
This really is a rare opportunity to try twelve spectacular wines in one tasting. It should appeal to any wine fan, from beginners to connoisseurs, and it is a superb introduction to the wines of one of the world's premium wine producing nations.
Places strictly limited to 14 due to the limited availability of the wines. With twelve wines to taste, full tasting notes and some cheese, ham and bread to nibble on, this one of special tasting is great value at just £30 per person.
This fantastic event takes place in the lovely surrounds of the Abel Heywood boutique hotel and pub, in Manchester Northern Quarter.
We are delighted to announce that those attending the tasting will receive an exclusive 20% off your food bill if you dine in the pubs either before or after the tasting. Please email us for details of how to take advantage of this fantastic deal.
This tasting can also be purchased as a Gift Voucher too, just book a place below and email the office to request.
Places remaining: 14
Course Date/Time: Tue 19th Sep 2017 at 7-9.30pm
Duration: 2.5 hours
Venue: Abel Heywood Hotel and Pub, Northern Quarter, Manchester