4 Week - New World Tour of Wine
Our 4 week New World Tour is a fascinating journey around some of the best "New World" wine producing countries, with nights dedicated to Australia, New Zealand, Chile and Argentina and South Africa and the USA. Taking place in Manchester City Centre over four consecutive Friday evenings, this course will give you the opportunity to try a fantastic variety of delicious wines from all over the "New World".
WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
The course is for anyone who would like to learn more about wine. No previous experience is needed. This 4-week ‘Tour of the New World’ wine tasting course is structured as a practical introduction to these more modern regions of the world. It is designed specifically for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it.
Please Note: There is an additional charge (in addition to the Course Fee of £55) of £10 per evening paid in cash on the night (this works out at approximately £23.75 per evening, usual cost if you booked on a single evening is £27.50 per evening). This makes paying for the course more affordable overall.If you'd like to pre pay this in advance of the course, please just let us know in the office and we can arrange.
WHAT HAPPENS ON THE COURSE?
- Taste at least 6 wines per eventing
- Retail prices of wines tasted will be from £5.00 to over c£20.00.
- Discover where to obtain today's best value for money wines.
- Wine & Food Matching advice
- Common wine faults - how to spot them
- Storing & Serving wine advice
- Taste the world’s major Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Viognier, Semillon, Chenin Blanc & many others
Comprehensive tasting notes to take away are provided on each night and a small selection of cheese and ham to complement the wine are provided.
Course programme (4 weeks on a Thursday evening)
- 3rd October - Australia & New Zealand - More than just Shiraz and Sauvignon
- 10th October -Chile & Argentina - Including the world famous Malbec
- 17th October - South Africa & USA - From California to Cape Town
- 24th October- Champagne V Sparkling Wines you decide?
WHAT IF I HAVE TO MISS AN EVENING?
Not a problem. You may either send a substitute, or pick up the missed session on a subsequent New World Course, or obtain a refund voucher valid for any of our MWS courses and tastings, please note 7 days notice is required for refund.
WHAT WILL I GET FROM THE COURSE?
By the end of the four evenings you will have gained a good understanding of major grape varieties in the ‘New World’ and the wine styles they produce. You will have learnt to taste wine like a professional, and be able to identify a corked wine. You will also have learnt which foods match well with which wines and why. You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary.
Buying a gift? If you are booking a place on a 4 week course as a gift, we can arrange for a voucher to be sent to you. Just reserve a plae below, click on the email when you receive your confirmation, request a voucher and we will arrange. (Please note, if you want to also include the £10 per tasting cash suppliement as part of your gift, please email to office and we can arrange) A perfect gift for the wine lover in your life!
Places remaining: 4
Course Date/Time: Thu 3rd Oct 2019 at 19.00 - 21.00
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: Jurys Inn Hotel