Saturday Introduction to Wine at the Lowry Hotel
Looking for the perfect way to spend a winter Saturday? Get some great ideas ready for Christmas wines?
Join us at the fabulous Lowry Hotel in Manchester City Centre for an Introduction to Wine in a day course.
- Like wine but not sure why?
- Want to discover new wines & grape varieties?
- Confused about which wine to drink with what food?
- If you are interested in wine and fancy learning why certain varieties have different tastes and how they flavour of wine changes depending on where in the world it comes from then this is the course for you.
Come and enjoy a friendly, informal and fun wine tasting journey with a glass of fizz on arrival and a day sampling at least 12 wines from around the world. No previous experience necessary!
The Lowry Hotel was the first five-star hotel in Manchester, and one of only 20 hotels in the UK to be part of Leading Hotels of The World, so you can be assured of our high level of standards and quality.
Our event takes place in the beautiful, newly refurbished private dining room of the Riverside Restaurant. With its glass-walled, riverside setting overlooking Santiago Calatrava’s Trinity Bridge this really is a decadent experience and a wonderful day out.
Our Saturday Wine Course also makes a great Gift idea for any occasion. If you want to book a place as a gift just make a reservation below, click on the email link on your confirmation to request a voucher, and we will arrange.
See what others are saying about our Saturday Courses over on our TripAdvisor page
11am-1pm: Morning session (6 wines)
1pm-2pm: 2-Course Lunch
2pm-4pm: Afternoon session & food matching (6 wines)
- Introduction to the World’s major wine regions
- Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & others.
- Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others!
- How wine is made - grapes, fermentation, ageing
- Improve your senses! - Nez du Vin
- How to taste wines – aroma, taste, describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Tutored Tasting of 13 Wines (6 White, 6 Red and a Sparkling Wine)
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy / where to obtain the best value for money / storing & serving wine / understanding wine labels
- Food & Wine Matching – tips & advice
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Sat 11th Nov 2017 at 11am - 4pm
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: Lowry Hotel, Manchester City Centre