3 Week Course - Battle of the Grapes
Have you always wanted to learn more about wine? Then join us in Manchester City Centre on three consecutive Thursday nights to taste your way around the old and new world.
Our "Battle of the Grapes" tastings will focus on the differences between some classic" Old World Wines" from France and compare them to their "New World" counterparts. We will taste wines from Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Chile, Argentina, USA-California, and compare them to wines from Champagne, Loire, Burgundy, Alsace, Bordeaux, Rhone Valley, Cahors and Languedoc.
Taste the world’s major Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Viognier and many more.
This fantastic course gives you the opportunity to taste over 18 exciting wines and discover those you like best. Challenge the way you think about wine - for ever!
As always - each tasting will be accompanied by full tasting notes to take home, as well as some cheeses, cold meats and bread.
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY - JUST COME, RELAX AND ENJOY....
WHAT HAPPENS ON THE COURSE?
- Taste at least 6 wines per evening
- Retail prices of wines tasted will be from £5.00 to over £20.00.
- Discover where to obtain today's best value for money wines.
- Wine & Food Matching advice
- Common wine faults - how to spot them
- Storing & Serving wine advice
- Taste the world’s major Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Viognier, & many others
- Comprehensive tasting notes to take away
- Small selection of nibbles to complement the wine
- Thursday 13th September – Battle of the Grapes - The Red Wine ‘Grape Off’ – Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot, Malbec
- Thursday 20th September - Battle of the Grapes - The White Wine ‘Grape Off’ – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay and Riesling
- Thursday 27th September - Battle of the Grapes - The Red and White ‘Blind Tasting’ challenge
WHAT WILL I GET FROM THE COURSE?
By the end of the three evenings you will have gained a good understanding of major grape varieties in the ‘Old World’ and the ‘New World’ and the wine styles they produce. You will have learnt to taste wine like a professional, and be able to identify a corked wine. You will also have learnt which foods match well with which wines and why. You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary.
All tastings are accompanied by full tasting notes, cheese, ham and bread to nibble.
Great value at £75 and a 10% saving on booking the three tastings seperately.
Places remaining: 12
Course Date/Time: Thu 13th Sep 2018 at 7:00 - 9:00 pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: Royal Exchange Theatre