Summer Wines with Cheese matching afternoon
Come and taste some great wine ideas for summer, matched with some delicious cheese.
Summer is finally here and during this tasting we will focus on some tasty wine and cheese matches. We will also talk more generally about food and wine matching and of course, everyone's favourite summer al-fresco treat, a Barbecue! (please note this tasting does not include a BBQ - and is just ideas for BBQ friendly wines).
From aperitifs to crisp, palate tingling whites, thirst quenching, juicy light reds and the classic barbecue friendly robust red wines too.
We shall tour the world with a mix of 'Old World' & 'New World' varieties and taste wines chosen especially to work with the cheeses selected but also all our favourite foods from the barbecue grill too.
- Classic Cava from Spain is a great aperitif but have you tried it over ice with a sprig of mint? A great way to kick off the tasting!
- A crisp fresh New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc to go with salty Haloumi, on the day we’ll try it with a gorgeous creamy chèvre (goats cheese) to zap the acidity in the wine.
- What BBQ could be complete without Chicken? a fruity, Californian Chardonnay with its tropical flavours is just the job and goes equally well with our local tasty Lancashire cheese
- A ripe Italian Zinfandel, perfect with Steak, but also perfect with a smoked cheddar – smoky BBQ, smoky cheddar – you get the pairing right?
- Argentinian Malbec to stand up to charred, but juicy, Sausages, and the salty bite of Gorgonzola cheese
- Portugal make some beautiful reds, perfect with Burgers but also with an aged Manchego to nibble on whilst you wait for your meat to cook.
All specially selected for memorable summer drinking, we'll tell you where they come from, what they're made from - and where to buy them.
So pull up a deck chair, sit back and enjoy a summer afternoon wine tasting with us!
Great value at just £30
Do you know someone who might like this tasting? Like all our events, if you are booking as a gift we can arrange or a gift voucher detailing the event to be sent. Just reserve a place below, click on the email link when you receive your confirmation, request a voucher and we'll do the rest.
This tasting takes place in the "Front Room" at the Royal Exchange Theatre. We are delighted to offer those booking a 20% off drinks voucher which can be redeemed at The Rivals bar/restaurant.
Why not make a full night of it and enjoy their 2 or 3-course menu offering before or after the wine tasting? We recommend you book at table as it can get busy with theatre guests too so click here to do that and there is a reservation option at the bottom of the page.
Places remaining: 3
Course Date/Time: Sat 11th Aug 2018 at 2-4pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: The Royal Exchange Theatre