4-week Old World Tour of Wine
This 4-week ‘Old World Tour’ wine tasting course in Manchester City Centre is structured as a practical introduction to the classic 'Old World' wine regions of Europe. It is designed specifically for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it. No previous experience is needed.
WHAT HAPPENS ON THE COURSE?
- Taste at least 6 wines per evening
- Retail prices of wines tasted will be from £5.00 to over c£20.00.
- Discover where to obtain today's best value for money wines.
- Wine & Food Matching advice
- Common wine faults - how to spot them
- Storing & Serving wine advice
- Taste the world’s major Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Viognier, & many others
- Comprehensive tasting notes to take away
- Small selection of nibbles to complement the wine
Course programme (4 consecutive weeks on a Thursday evening)
- 5th September - Introduction To Wine Tasting
- 12th September - France - All the major regions from Burgundy to Bordeaux
- 19th September - Spain & Portugal - More than just Rioja....
- 26th September - Discover Italy - the major wines + principles of wine and food pairing
Please Note: There is an additional charge (in addition to the Course Fee of £55) of £10 per evening. This helps spread the over all cost of the course. If you'd prefer to pay this upfront, please contact the office.
WHAT WILL I GET FROM THE COURSE?
By the end of the four evenings you will have gained a good understanding of Europe’s major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce. You will have learnt to taste wine like a professional, and be able to identify a corked wine. You will also have learnt which foods match well with which wines and why. You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary.
WHAT IF I HAVE TO MISS AN EVENING? Not a problem. You may either send a substitute, or pick up the missed session on a subsequent course, or obtain a refund voucher valid for any of our MWS courses and tastings (7 days notice required).
Buying a Gift? Like all our courses, this can be purchased as a gift. You can either buy a Gift voucher for a 4 week course, or book a place, send us an email and we will arrange the rest! If you'd like to also "pre pay" the £10 cash on the night option please just let us know and we can arrange.
Places remaining: 4
Course Date/Time: Thu 5th Sep 2019 at 7:00 - 9.00pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: Jurys Inn Hotel Manchester