WSET Level 1 Award in Wines Course
The Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 1 Award in Wines is an ideal starting point for any wine enthusiast who:
- is considering embarking on a professional career in the drinks industry
- would like to improve their knowledge of wine through more structured training, and be awarded a certificate to prove they know their stuff
It is an enjoyable, relaxed and interactive course designed to introduce participants, in a structured way, to wine styles, storing and serving of wine, and food and wine matching. No prior experience of wine tasting necessary.
It is completed in a single day meaning if can fit in around any work or personal commitments your may have.
There is a short multiple-choice assessment at the end of the day to ensure you have met all the criteria, and can be awarded the certificate.
The Fee of £140.00 includes:
- All WSET course materials
- Professional WSET tuition by WSET Certified tutor
- We teach you the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine (SAT) ® which will enable you to analyse wines objectively and consistently
- registration with WSET, all examination fees, and an internationally-recognised certificate upon successful completion
- Tea & coffee breaks
Additional Learning Needs: please make the School aware if you require any additional support during your studies.
Not sure if this is the right level for you? Click here to view the Course Specification including sample exam questions.
FINAL BOOKING DATE FOR THIS COURSE is 20th April 2018, or when the course is full. Late reservations may be posible, please contact the office. In certain circumstances we may be able to accept a late application for the course, but you should contact the Wine School in the first instance to see if we are able to make provisions.
Do you know someone who would love to learn more about wine? Did you know you can buy a WSET Level 1 course as a Gift? Just book a place on the course and we can arrange a gift voucher to be sent, click on the email link when you receive your confirmation to request and we'll do the rest! Or if you want them to decide when they will attend, you can buy them a voucher for the course, which they can redeem against any available course date, at any time in the next two years. Please click here to purchase.
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Sun 20th May 2018 at 9:30
Duration: 8 hours
Venue: Holiday Inn Hotel, Manchester City Centre