Rhone Valley Showcase - Special offer price
After last year's successful event Linda Field returns to run another masterclass on Rhone wines.
Did you know...
- the French have been making wine in the Rhone Valley for over 2500 years?
- the Rhone Valley is the second largest quality wine producing region in France?
We are hosting a Rhone Valley Masterclass to give you the opportunity to learn more about this region and taste some great new wines!
The evening will be run by Linda Field, who loves the Rhone Valley so much she decided tomove there! Her passion for the wines of the region is infectious.She is also a Certified WSET®Educator who runs the wine school, Auberge du Vin.
You will taste at least six or seven different wines from the Cotes du Rhone which offer quality and value; white, rose, red and sweet styles.
See whether you prefer Syrah or Grenache in your Rhone wines?
Have you ever tasted a sweet Rhone wine?
The wines are generally not available in the buy in the UK so you are in for a one off treat!
Here are details of some of the wines on offer, Linda always throws in a mystery wine too!
- L’Opine Les Terres de Mas Lauris Luberon AC 2016
- Roselia Chantecotes Cotes du Rhone AC 2016
- Domaine Corne-Loup Lirac Blanc AC 2016
- Toque Rouge Cotes du Rhone Villages AC 2015
- Grain de Silex Domaine Guy Farge St Peray AC 2016
- Francois de Tournon St Joseph AC 2014 Delas
Included in the price:
- An overview of the different appellations of the Rhone Valley, from Cote Rotie in the north to the Luberon Valley in the south
- An explanation of the different styles of wine produced accross the region
- Information on current winemaking practices of the region / best value for money / storing & serving wine / understanding wine labels
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- Food & Wine Matching – tips & advice
Great Value at £25
If you really want to immerse yourself in the the delights of this region, Linda is also offereing a wine tour package to her School in the Rhone Valley, more information can be found on our 4-day Rhone Wine Tours page.
This tasting takes place in the atmospheric "Exchange Suite" at the Royal Exchange Theatre. We are delighted to offer those booking a 20% off drinks voucher which can be redeemed at The Rivals bar/restaurant.
Why not make a full night of it and enjoy their 2 or 3-course menu offering before or after the wine tasting? We do recommend you book at table as it can get busy with theatre guests too so click here to do that and there is a reservation option at the bottom of the page as well as a sample menu.
Places remaining: 10
Course Date/Time: Thu 15th Nov 2018 at 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: The Exchange Suite- Royal Exchange Theatre