4-week New World Tour of Wine
Our 4 week New World Tour is a fascinating journey around some of the best "New World" wine producing countries, with nights dedicated to Australia, New Zealand, Chile and Argentina and South Africa and the USA. Taking place in Manchester City Centre over four consecutive Friday evenings, this course will give you the opportunity to try a fantastic variety of delicious wines from all over the "New World".
You do not have to do the four weeks in one go, and no previous experience is needed. This 4-week ‘Tour of the New World’ wine tasting course is structured as a practical introduction to these more modern regions of the world. It is designed specifically for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it.
Please Note: There is an additional charge (in addition to the Course Fee of £55) of £10 per evening paid in cash on the night (this works out at approximately £23.75 per evening, usual cost if you booked on a single evening is £27.50 per evening). This makes paying for the course more affordable for all.If you'd like to pre pay this in advance of the course, please just let us know in the office and we can arrange.
WHAT IF I HAVE TO MISS AN EVENING?
Not a problem. You may either send a substitute, or pick up the missed session on a subsequent New World Course, or obtain a refund voucher valid for any of our courses and tastings, please note 7 days notice is required for refund.
WHAT HAPPENS ON THE COURSE?
- Taste at least 6 wines per eventing
- Retail prices of wines tasted will be from £5.00 to over c£20.00.
- Discover where to obtain today's best value for money wines.
- Wine & Food Matching advice
- Common wine faults - how to spot them
- Storing & Serving wine advice
- Taste the world’s major Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Viognier, Semillon, Chenin Blanc & many others
- Comprehensive tasting notes to take away
- Small selection of nibbles to complement the wine
Course programme (4 weeks on a Friday evening)
- 13th March - Australia & New Zealand - More than just Shiraz and Sauvignon
- 20th March - Chile & Argentina - Including the world famous Malbec
- 27th March - South Africa & USA - From California to Cape Town
- 3rd April - Champagne V Sparkling Wines you decide?
WHAT WILL I GET FROM THE COURSE?
By the end of the four evenings you will have gained a good understanding of major grape varieties in the ‘New World’ and the wine styles they produce. You will have learnt to taste wine like a professional, and be able to identify a corked wine. You will also have learnt which foods match well with which wines and why. You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary.
All tastings are accompanied by tasting notes, cheese, cold meat and bread.
Buying a gift? This course, like all our courses, is available as a Gift Voucher. Just book a place below, click on the email when you receive your confirmation, request a voucher and we will arrange. A perfect gift for the wine lover in your life! and great
Places remaining: 6
Course Date/Time: Fri 13th Mar 2020 at 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: Jurys Inn Hotel Manchester