Private Saturday Introduction to Wine with 2 course lunch - PRIVATE EVENT
Welcome to the booking page for the Private Saturday Introduction to Wine for Louise Kennedy and friends.
Taking place at the historic and newly refurbished "Manchester Hall", its sure to be a day to remember.
- Like wine but not sure why?
- Want to discover new wines & grape varieties?
- Confused about which wine to drink with what food?
If you are interested in wine and would like to learn why certain varieties have different tastes and understand how they flavour of wine changes depending on where in the world it comes from then this day is for you.
Come and enjoy an informal and fun wine tasting journey incorporating at least 12 wines from around the world with a glass of Fizz on arrival.
11.00am – 1.00pm: Fizz start & morning session (6 wines)
1.00pm – 2.00pm: 2-Course Lunch
2.00pm – 4.00pm: Afternoon session & food matching (6 wines)
- Introduction to the World’s major wine regions
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
- Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & others.
- Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others!
- How wine is made - grapes, fermentation, ageing
- Improve your senses! - Nez du Vin
- How to taste wines – aroma, taste, describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Tutored Tasting of 13 Wines (usually 6 White, 6 Red and a Sparkling)
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy / where to obtain the best value for money / storing & serving wine / understanding wine labels
- Food & Wine Matching – tips & advice
We look forward to seeing you there!
Places remaining: 3
Course Date/Time: Sat 10th Nov 2018 at 11-4pm
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: Manchester Hall, Manchester City Centre