Saturday Introduction to Wine with 2 course lunch
Looking for the perfect way to spend a spring Saturday and get some great ideas for wines for Easter?
Join us an Introduction to Wine in a day course. Taking place at the historic and newly refurbished "Manchester Hall". With food provided by the highly regarded "Masons" restaurant, its sure to be a day to remember.
- Like wine but not sure why?
- Want to discover new wines & grape varieties?
- Confused about which wine to drink with what food?
If you are interested in wine and would like to learn why certain varieties have different tastes and understand how they flavour of wine changes depending on where in the world it comes from then this is the course for you.
Come and enjoy a friendly, informal and fun wine tasting journey incorporating at least 12 wines from around the world with a glass of Fizz on arrival. No previous experience necessary!
Glass of fizz on arrival and a delicious 2-course lunch are included in the price.
Our Saturday Wine Course also makes a great Gift idea for any occasion. If you want to book a place as a gift just make a reservation below, click on the email link on your confirmation to request a voucher, and we will arrange.
See what others are saying about our Saturday courses over on our TripAdvisor page.
11.00am – 1.00pm: Fizz start & morning session (6 wines)
1.00pm – 2.00pm: 2-Course Lunch
2.00pm – 4.00pm: Afternoon session & food matching (6 wines)
- Introduction to the World’s major wine regions
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
- Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & others.
- Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others!
- How wine is made - grapes, fermentation, ageing
- Improve your senses! - Nez du Vin
- How to taste wines – aroma, taste, describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Tutored Tasting of 13 Wines (usually 6 White, 6 Red and a Sparkling)
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy / where to obtain the best value for money / storing & serving wine / understanding wine labels
- Food & Wine Matching – tips & advice
What are you waiting for?
Places remaining: 4
Course Date/Time: Sat 24th Mar 2018 at 11-4pm
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: Manchester Hall, Manchester City Centre