4-week Old World Tour of Wine
This 4-week ‘Old World Tour of Wine’ course in Manchester City Centre is structured as a practical introduction to the classic 'Old World' wine regions of Europe. It is designed specifically for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it. No previous experience is needed. We will journey through Europe trying a wide range of wine styles and grape varieties.
WHAT HAPPENS ON THE COURSE?
- Taste at least 6 wines per evening
- Retail prices of wines tasted will be from £5.00 to over c£20.00.
- Discover where to obtain today's best value for money wines.
- Wine & Food Matching advice
- Common wine faults - how to spot them
- Storing & Serving wine advice
- Taste the world’s major Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Viognier, & many others
- Comprehensive tasting notes to take away
- Small selection of nibbles to complement the wine
Please Note: There is an additional charge (in addition to the Course Fee of £55) of £10 per evening (this works out at approximately £23.75 per evening, usual cost if you booked on a single evening is £27.50 per evening).
WHAT IF I HAVE TO MISS AN EVENING?
Not a problem. You may either send a substitute, or pick up the missed session on a subsequent European Course (7 day notice period required), or obtain a refund voucher valid for any of our MWS courses and tastings.
Course programme (4 weeks on a Friday evening)
- Friday 28th September - An Introduction to Wine
- Friday 5th October- Discover France - Unlocking the mystery of French Wine
- Friday 12th October - Discover Italy
- Friday 19th October- Explore Spain and Portugal
WHAT WILL I GET FROM THE COURSE?
By the end of the four evenings you will have gained a good understanding of Europe’s major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce. You will have learnt to taste wine like a professional, and be able to identify a corked wine. You will also have learnt which foods match well with which wines and why. You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary.
This course, like all our courses, is available as a Gift Voucher. Just book a place below, click on the email when you receive your confirmation, request a voucher and we will arrange. A perfect gift for the wine lover in your life! and great value at just £55
Places remaining: 1
Course Date/Time: Fri 28th Sep 2018 at 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: The Front Room - Royal Exchange Theatre - Manchester