4-week Old World Tour of Wine
This 4-week ‘Old World Tour of Wine’ course in Manchester City Centre is structured as a practical introduction to the classic 'Old World' wine regions of Europe. It is designed specifically for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it. No previous experience is needed. We will journey through Europe trying a wide range of wine styles and grape varieties.
WHAT HAPPENS ON THE COURSE?
- Taste at least 6 wines per evening
- Retail prices of wines tasted will be from £5.00 to over c£20.00.
- Discover where to obtain today's best value for money wines.
- Wine & Food Matching advice
- Common wine faults - how to spot them
- Storing & Serving wine advice
- Taste the world’s major Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Viognier, & many others
- Comprehensive tasting notes to take away
- Small selection of nibbles to complement the wine
Course programme (4 weeks on a Friday evening)
- Friday 14th February - An Introduction to Wine
- Friday 21st February- Discover France - Unlocking the mystery of French Wine All the major regions from Burgundy to Bordeaux
- Friday 28th February- Explore Spain and Portugal - More than just Rioja....
- Friday 6th March- Discover Italy - the major wines + principles of wine and food pairing
Please Note: There is an additional charge (in addition to the Course Fee of £55) of £10 per evening. This helps spread the over all cost of the course for all. If you'd prefer to pay this upfront, please contact the office, and we can arrange. Or if you want to book the course as a gift and include the payment, just let us know.
WHAT WILL I GET FROM THE COURSE?
By the end of the four evenings you will have gained a good understanding of Europe’s major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce. You will have learnt to taste wine like a professional, and be able to identify a corked wine. You will also have learnt which foods match well with which wines and why. You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary.
A perfect gift for the wine lover in your life! and great value!
Places remaining: 4
Course Date/Time: Fri 14th Feb 2020 at 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: Jurys Inn Hotel - Manchester