8 week World Tour of Wine!
Would you like to experience a World Tour of Wine and some fantastic wines from all over the globe? Then our 8-week wine tour might be the course for you. This fascinating course takes place in Manchester City Centre once a week, on consecutive Thursday evenings.
The World Tour of Wine will comprise of tastings focusing on both Old and New World wine producing countries. We will journey through the classic Old World wine of Europe for the beginning of the tour, with nights dedicated to France, Italy, and Spain and Portugal. The second half of the course we will taste our way around the New World producing countries of Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa and the USA. Finally to end with some sparkle and fizz, we will taste some of the best Champagnes and Sparkling Wines from around the world to finish this wonderful, global wine adventure!
It is designed specifically for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it. No previous experience is needed.
WHAT HAPPENS ON THE COURSE?
- Taste at least 6 wines per evening
- Retail prices of wines tasted will be from £5.00 to over c£20.00.
- Discover where to obtain today's best value for money wines.
- Wine & Food Matching advice
- Common wine faults - how to spot them
- Storing & Serving wine advice
- Taste the world’s major Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Viognier, & many others
- Comprehensive tasting notes to take away
- Small selection of nibbles to complement the wine
WHAT IF I HAVE TO MISS AN EVENING? Not a problem. You may either send a substitute, or pick up the missed session on a subsequent World Course, or obtain a refund voucher valid for any of our MWS courses and tastings.(7 days notice required).
Please Note: In additon to the course fee of £95, the is a £10 per tasting cash payment. This spreads the overall cost of the course over the 8 week period. If you would like to pre pay this in advance of the course please contact the office and we can arrange.
Great value - still less than £22 per evening and SAVING over £45 off the price of 8 evenings booked separately!
- 21st February - Introduction To Wine Tasting
- 28th February - France - All the major regions from Burgundy to Bordeaux
- 7th March - Spain & Portugal - More than just Rioja....
- 14th March - Discover Italy - the major wines + principles of wine and food pairing
- 21st March - Australia & New Zealand - More than just Shiraz and Sauvignon
- 28th March -Chile & Argentina - Including the world famous Malbec
- 4th April - South Africa & USA - From California to Cape Town
- 11th April - Champagne V Sparkling Wines you decide?
If you would like to book the course as a gift, we can send you a Gift Voucher, Just book a place below, click on the email when you receive your confirmation, request a voucher and we will arrange. A perfect gift for the wine lover in your life! and great value at just £95
Places remaining: 4
Course Date/Time: Thu 21st Feb 2019 at 7:00 - 9:00pm
Duration: 8 weeks
Venue: Jurys Inn Hotel Manchester