The terms and conditions set out below apply to all tasting events run by Manchester Wine School (MWS), regardless of the venue.
- If you are booking using a gift voucher from an external company, additional terms apply, please see section (2) below.
- If you are booking a private or corporate wine tasting event additional terms apply, please see section (3) below.
1. General terms and conditions
- Your booking is not secured until payment is received – all courses, tastings and private events must be paid for in advance unless otherwise agreed with MWS
- If you are using a gift voucher your booking will not be confirmed until the voucher number(s) supplied with the booking have been verified by MWS staff
- All bookings (with the exception of WSET) are refundable up to 14 days prior to the event date.
- Between 14 and 7 days prior to the event date you may transfer your booking to an alternative event (if this event has a different cost then an additional payment, or a refund, must be arranged).
- Within 7 days of the event date, you may, if you are unable to attend a course, send a substitute. No refunds will be provided, nor will you be able to transfer to another event.
- If you do not attend a booked course or event, no refund will apply except under exceptional circumstances, at the discretion of Manchester Wine School.
- On our 8 and 4-week courses – if you elect to miss an evening (minimum 7 days notice) you may either send a substitute, pick up the missed session on a subsequent course, or obtain a credit value valid against any of our MWS Courses and Tastings.
- On our WSET courses we require a minimum of one months notice for a refund or change of date. Within this time, you may, if you are unable to attend a course, send a substitute. No refunds will be provided, nor will you be able to transfer to another event.
- We reserve the right to cancel, reschedule or change the venue of any course or event.
- We reserve the right to ask any person to leave any event if their behaviour is deemed unacceptable or disruptive to others.
- We do not serve alcohol to anyone under the age of 18
2. Booking with vouchers purchased from external companies
- If you are using a gift voucher purchased from an external company your booking will not be confirmed until the voucher number(s) supplied with the booking have been verified by MWS staff.
- Each external company we work with has a different arrangement for the tasting event where their vouchers are accepted. Please contact us with details of the company supplying your voucher and we can let you know the correct terms.
3. Private and Corporate Tastings
- For Private and Corporate Tastings a deposit of 50% is payable within two weeks of the invoice date, full payment must be made prior to the event date.
- MWS is not responsible for any aspects of the event supplied by a third party