Christmas Gift Inspiration
Looking for some inspiration for gift ideas in Manchester this Christmas?
Here are some of the fantastic tastings taking place at Manchester Wine School in Spring 2019. To purchase as a gift, just book a place on the tasting of your choice and we can send you a voucher with details of the event.
Click here for a full list of or upcoming events, these are just some of the highlights.
Looking to splash out on a really special day? Our Saturday tastings with Lunch are a wonderful experience and gift they will never forget.
- Sat 19th Jan - Saturday Introduction To Wine With 2 Course Lunch
- Sat 16th Feb - Battle Of The Grapes Saturday - Old World V New World Wine Grape Off with 2 course lunch.
- Sat 9th Mar - Saturday Introduction To Wine With 2 Course Lunch
- Sat 30th Mar - Exclusive Prosecco Tasting With Lunch At San Carlo Fumo
For the food lover why not book them into -
- Thu 17th Jan - Cheese & Wine Matching Evening
- Thu 24th Jan - Port And Sherry Tasting With Food Matches
- Thu 7th Feb - Steak And Red Wine With Fine-dining At Wood Manchester - enjoy a delicious Steak meal after the tasting at Wood.
- Fri 15th Feb - Cheese And Wine Matching Evening
- Fri 8th Mar - Charcuterie, Cheese And Wine Evening
- Sat 6th Apr - Spring Picnic! Cheese With Wine, Beer And Cider Matching Afternoon 2-4pm the perfect way to spend a Saturday!
- Fri 12th Apr - Chocolate And Wine Evening - Ideas For Easter!
One-off events, are you looking for something different?
- Thu 31st Jan -Simon's Cellar (1) - Manchester Wine School owner Simon Woods opens his personal cellar to you to try something new!
- Sat 9th Feb - Old World V New World Superstars - Saturday Afternoon 8 Wine Tasting - 8 excellent quality wines to taste on a Saturday afternoon, what's not to love!
- Thu 14th Feb - Think Pink! - Delicious Pink Drinks For Valentine's Day -Featuring a range of delicious rosé wines from around the world, not to mention Pink Champagne, Pink Port and Pink Gin what more could you ask for.
- Fri 22nd Feb - Simon's Cellar (2)- More picks from Manchester Wine School owner Simon's Cellar to tickle your taste buds!
- Fri 22nd Mar - Gin Tasting - A Tour Of Manchester And Beyond! - the perfect gift for the Gin lover in your life
- Sat 18th May - Saturday Afternoon Gin Tasting - Manchester And Beyond - What better way to spend a Saturday afternoon!
For those looking to learn about wine we have a range of formal and informal courses to choose from;
- Fri 18th Jan - 4 week Beginner's Wine Course- Perfect for someone looking to learn more about wine for the first time.
- Thu 21st Feb - 8 week World Tour Of Wine! Join us one a week for 8 weeks to travel round the world with wine!
- Fri 1st Mar - 8 Month Course - Grape Expectations - One Friday A Month - Perfect for those who can't commit to every week, just come once a month instead and learn about all the world's major grape varieties. This is a new course, so its also brilliant for those who may have already done courses with us in the past.
- Sun 24th Feb - WSET Level 1 Award In Wines Course - this one day course is the perfect place to start your wine education!
- Sun 3rd Feb - WSET Level 2 Award In Wines & Spirits Course- Study with us for 3 consecutive Sundays to achieve this highly regarded intermediate qualification.
Still haven't found the perfect gift?
Don't worry we offer open Gift Vouchers for our tastings, valid for 2 years, these are the perfect gift if you'd like the recipient to choose their own event. We also offer a range of "Gift Experiences" which included a fantastic wine booked signed by the author, for that something extra special. Click here for more details.