WSET Level 3 Course £675.00
Wine and Spirit Education Trust courses provide globally recognised qualifications for Wine Industry professionals and enthusiastic amateurs.
- Our next courses are
- 6 Full Days - Sundays – 15th, 22nd 29th March, 5th, 19th and 26th April 2020.
Manchester Wine School is an APP (Approved Programme Provider with WSET) & have been teaching wine courses in Manchester City Centre since 2011.
At Manchester Wine School over 90% of students who study their WSET Level 3 Award in Wines with us pass their course so you know you are in good hands when you come to study with us! Click here to see some of the WSET Awards and Scholarships
Who should consider studying for WSET Level 3 Award in Wines?
It is a course designed for anyone wishing to gain in-depth knowledge of wines and build upon the knowledge gained at Intermediate level. You will acquire a thorough understanding of the factors influencing the style, quality and price of wines from key wine producing regions of the world. You will also develop analytical tasting skills using the systematic approach to tasting; your blind tasting skills will form part of the examinations.
If you are an employer wishing to train your staff this course will equip them with knowledge and understanding of a wide range of products. This course is suitable for someone in a supervisory level position in wine sales and service.
This qualification has full accreditation from the UK Government’s Qualifications & Curriculum Authority as a Level 3 Vocational Qualification. This qualification provides the knowledge required for those wishing to progress on to the Diploma Level 4. For detais of the next Level 4 Diploma in Manchester please click here.
Course Tutor: Laura Kent
Laura is a registered WSET Educator, she has completed all the levels of the WSET programme including the WSET Diploma (Level 4) in 2011. She has extensive experience within the wine industry as a retailer and as part of various restaurant and bar management teams which she brings to many aspects of delivering these professional qualifications and was recently nominated for WSET Educator of the Year.
In 2017-2018 100% of students studying WSET Level 3 with Manchester Wine School passed the tasting exam. This is an amazing achievement and testament to Laura, her fantastic teaching skills and the fantastic variety of wines taste on the course.
Important Entry Information: We recommend this course to those who have already completed the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits course, as this syllabus assumes that candidates already possess a good basic understanding of simple wine making techniques, key grape varieties and viticultural patterns. However, holding WSET Level 2 is not a requirement to enrol on this course. For anyone who wishes to enter the WSET programme at Level 3 without prior study, we strongly advise them to review the course specification on the WSET website. Please also feel free to contact us to discuss the most appropriate course for your needs.
The course fee of £675.00 includes:
- course book
- study guide
- Over 70 excellent wines
- 6 days of professional WSET tuition by WSET Certified Educator
- examination fees / internationally-recognised certificate
- set of 6x ISO Professional Wine Tasting glasses to keep
- complimentary lunch of quality sandwiches, fruit and cake
Please note, the price is inclusive of VAT @20%, a VAT receipt can be supplied on request.
- Wine Tasting; Taste, describe and analyse wines using the WSET Systematic Approach to Tasting
- Food and Wine Matching; A guide to the key considerations when matching food and wine successfully
- Labelling; Learn how to decode and understand labels
- Wine Production; Learn about the production factors influencing the style, quality and price of wine from vineyard to bottling
- Light Wines; Learn about the styles of wines produced in the key wine regions and districts of the world: France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Austria, Germany, Greece, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, North and South America, England and Wales
- Sparkling Wines; Learn about the methods of production and the main styles of sparkling wines from the key wine producing countries: France, Spain, Italy, Germany, New World - Australia, California, New Zealand, South Africa
- Fortified Wines; Learn about the methods of production/main styles of fortified wines from the key wine countries: Spain, Portugal, France, Australia
- Number of Wines Tasted; 70-80 wines will be tasted as part of the course
- Study Materials Students; will receive a Level 3 Advanced course study pack, consisting of the course book, study guide and SAT tasting card
- Study Materials available; Manchester Wine School holds a comprehensive library of question papers & in-house mock exams
- Duration of course; 6 full days (consecutive Sundays), 10am - 5.30pm, including 2 hour 15 minutes examination
- Recommended Private Study; 56 hours additional private study is recommended for this course. It is strongly recommended that the majority of the private study is done weekly in preparation for the tutored study session
- Examination; The Level 3 examination comprises of two parts: Part one will be a combined theory paper consisting of a 50 question multiple-choice section and a short written answer section (four written answers at 25 marks each). Part two will be a blind tasting of two wines. A mark of 55% is required in each section to pass
- Certification; All students who pass will be issued with a certificate suitable for framing and a lapel pin
If the Manchester Wine School dates are unsuitable, you could attend the course with one of the other schools within the Local Wine School network:
all offer WSET Level 3 Award in Wines, on various dates throughout the calendar year.
If you have any questions please contact us
All WSET course reservations are subject to our terms and conditions.
Pay the balance of £300 to complete your purchase of a place on the next WSET Level 3 Award in Wines course (subject to availability). You must have previously paid a
Places remaining: 20
Pay a deposit of £375 to secure your place on the next WSET Level 3 Award in Wines course (subject to availability). The balance must be paid no later that
Places remaining: 12
WSET Level 3 Award in Wines takes place in Manchester City Centre on 6 Full Days - Sundays – 15th, 22nd 29th March, 5th, 19th and
Places remaining: 11
Date/Time: 15th Mar 2020 at 10.30am - 6.30pm
Venue: Novotel Hotel, Manchester City Centre