4-Week Wine Courses
Our current courses -
- 4 week Beginner's Wine Course From January 2020
- 4 Week - Dolce Vita, Dolce Vino - 4 week in-depth Italian Wine course - From Jan 2020
- 4 week Old World Tour - From February 2020.
- Seasonal Cheese and Wine Matching - Quarterly from February 2020 - Perfect Gift for any Cheese lover!
- 4 week New Word Tour - From March 2020.
- 4 week Beginner's Wine Course - From April 2020 New date added due to popular demand!
- 4 Week - Old World V New World Classics from 18th June - Brand new coure for 2020
- More courses in 2020 to be added. Watch this space!
These 4-week courses are run over four consecutive week nights and allow us to take a closer look at the wines we taste and regions we visit.
No previous experience is needed. The emphasis is on learning by tasting different varieties of wine from different regions of the world. It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your love of wine. You will soon learn which wines you like, and where to buy them.
WHAT HAPPENS ON THE COURSE?
- Taste at least 6 wines per evening
- Retail prices of wines tasted will be from £6.00 to over c£30.00.
- Discover where to obtain today's best value for money wines.
- Wine & Food Matching advice
- Common wine faults - how to spot them
- Storing & Serving wine advice
- Taste the world’s major Grape Varieties
- Tasting notes to take away
- Small selection of nibbles to complement the wine
WHAT WILL I GET FROM THE COURSE?
By the end of the four evenings you will have gained a good understanding of major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce. You will have learnt to taste wine like a professional. You will also have learnt which foods match well with which wines and why. You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary.
PROGRESSION AFTER A 4-WEEK COURSE
Once you have finished this 4-week course you will have sufficient starting knowledge to progress on to the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines, or depending on your prior knowledge WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits. This is a globally recognised qualification and is an excellent way to consolidate your knowledge and enhance your enjoyment of wine. Perfect for anyone working in the hospitality or drinks business but equally fun for those wishing to study purely for pleasure!
This 4-week ‘Old World Tour of Wine’ course in Manchester City Centre is structured as a practical introduction to the classic 'Old World' wine regions of Europe. It is designed
Places remaining: 0
Date/Time: 14th Feb 2020 at 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Venue: Jurys Inn Hotel - Manchester
Throughout the year we will host a quarterly cheese and wine tasting to mark the change in the season. We will showcase the best wines to be drinking as the weather
Places remaining: 6
Date/Time: 27th Feb 2020 at 7-9pm
Venue: Royal Exchange Theatre
Our 4 week New World Tour is a fascinating journey around some of the best "New World" wine producing countries, with nights dedicated to Australia, New Zealand, Chile and Argentina
Places remaining: 4
Date/Time: 13th Mar 2020 at 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Venue: Jurys Inn Hotel Manchester
Get to grips with the fascinating world of wine on this 4 week introductory course based in Manchester city centre. Run over 4 consecutive Thursdays nights, the course is designed
Places remaining: 11
Date/Time: 30th Apr 2020 at 7-9pm
Venue: Jurys Inn Hotel Manchester
Old World and New World – what’s the difference? In the wine world, the terms are used to differentiate wines from traditional European regions from those from non-European countries. But
Places remaining: 12
Date/Time: 18th Jun 2020 at 7-9pm
Venue: Jurys Inn Hotel