4-WEEK Wine Courses from £55.00
Our current courses -
- 4 week Old World Tour - From September 2019.
- 4 Week Supermarket Sweep - The best wines for your local supermarket - NEW COURSE From September 2019
- 4 week New World Tour - From October 2019.
- 4 week Course - Viva España! -An in-depth tour of Spanish Wine - NEW COURSE From October 2019 *please note if using a 4 week course gift voucher - a supplement applies.
- We will also add a 4 week indepth course focusing on Italian wine in the spring 2020 as well as our very popular "Beginners wine course". Watch this space!
These 4-week courses are run over four consecutive week nights and allow us to take a closer look at the wines we taste and regions we visit.
No previous experience is needed. The emphasis is on learning by tasting different varieties of wine from different regions of the world. It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your love of wine. You will soon learn which wines you like, and where to buy them.
Please Note: In addition to the Course Fee of £55, there is a £10 per tasting cash payment, which is made on the night when you attend. We do this to spread the overall cost of the course to make it more affordable. Booking the course is great value too, each tasting works out at approximately £23.75 per evening when booking all 4 weeks, with the usual cost if you booked on a single evening is £27.50. If you are buying the course as a gift and you'd like to pre pay the £10 cash per tasting in advance, just email us to arrange or you can purchase a gift voucher with this included too. Please click here to buy.
Save even more by booking two 4 week courses together for just £95 - or book 2 places on a 4 week course of your choice, also for just £95 - Click here to buy the offer. (If you have any questions or want to discuss your options and what the best deal is, please email the office or give us a call).
WHAT IF I HAVE TO MISS AN EVENING?
No problem! You may either send a substitute, or pick up the missed session on a subsequent course, or obtain a credit for a future courses or tastings (of the same value).
WHAT HAPPENS ON THE COURSE?
- Taste at least 6 wines per evening
- Retail prices of wines tasted will be from £6.00 to over c£20.00.
- Discover where to obtain today's best value for money wines.
- Wine & Food Matching advice
- Common wine faults - how to spot them
- Storing & Serving wine advice
- Taste the world’s major Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Viognier, Semillon, Chenin Blanc & many others
- Comprehensive tasting notes to take away
- Small selection of nibbles to complement the wine
WHAT WILL I GET FROM THE COURSE?
By the end of the four evenings you will have gained a good understanding of major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce. You will have learnt to taste wine like a professional, and be able to identify a corked wine. You will also have learnt which foods match well with which wines and why. You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary.
PROGRESSION AFTER A 4-WEEK COURSE
Once you have finished this 4-week course you will have sufficient starting knowledge to progress on to the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines, or depending on your prior knowledge WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits. This is a globally recognised qualification and is an excellent way to consolidate your knowledge and enhance your enjoyment of wine. Perfect for anyone working in the hospitality or drinks business but equally fun for those wishing to study purely for pleasure!
Our tutors are amongst the highest-performing WSET trainers in the UK, and our students enjoy well above average exam results. At Manchester Wine School over 98% of students who study their WSET Level 1 Award in Wines with us pass their course so you know you are in good hands when you come to study with us!
This 4-week ‘Old World Tour’ wine tasting course in Manchester City Centre is structured as a practical introduction to the classic 'Old World' wine regions of Europe. It is designed
Places remaining: 0
Date/Time: 5th Sep 2019 at 7:00 - 9.00pm
Venue: Jurys Inn Hotel Manchester
Get to grips with the fascinating world of wine and find out what are the best wines you can buy from the supermarket. This brand new 4 week course in
Places remaining: 12
Date/Time: 20th Sep 2019 at 7-9pm
Venue: Jurys Inn Hotel Manchester
Our 4 week New World Tour is a fascinating journey around some of the best "New World" wine producing countries, with nights dedicated to Australia, New Zealand, Chile and
Places remaining: 4
Date/Time: 3rd Oct 2019 at 19.00 - 21.00
Venue: Jurys Inn Hotel
In the wake of the success of our Vive la France! course earlier this year, we’ve decided that it’s time to take a more in-depth look at another of the
Places remaining: 8
Date/Time: 18th Oct 2019 at 7-9pm
Venue: The Royal Exchange Theatre